Beautiful Crazy Life of a Single Mom

Here's the day in-day out of my amazing life with my baby boy.

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

A Day of Love... or Lack Thereof

So today is Valentines Day. A day meant for the celebration of love. I have honestly absolutely hated this day my entire life. I have never had a date on Valentines Day. I have never gotten the "happily ever after" feeling this day is supposed to bring people. So when February hit this year, I started building up my bitter single's hatred of this day. But then I started looking around at my life and realized that my life is so full of love that I don't have room for unhappiness or bitterness. So, in honor of this new found point of view, I decided to make a list of the things that I love.

My Love List:
1. My Kody Bear - He is healthy, happy, safe, and surrounded by love everyday. A mom could not ask for more for her son.
2. My famiily - they have supported and loved me through all of my triumphs, my failures, and my unsure moments.
3. My home - I have a safe, warm, comfortable home to come home to every night and to raise Kody in.
4. My friends - I know a lot of people say this, but I truly have the best and truest friends anyone could ask for. They catch me when I fall and push me when I want to stop.
5. My job - I have a great boss and amazing coworkers who make going to work a joy, not a chore.
6. My quiet time - God is so faithful to meet with me and wrap his arms around me.
7. Country music - It speaks to my soul
8. My cheesy TV shows - Glee, Switched at Birth, Once Upon a Time, Grimm
9. Pizza and Mexican Food - Need I say more?
10. Dr Pepper - It can heal a broken heart... I swear
11. Gerber daisies - They are by far the happiest flower in the world.
12. Any sour candies - Well, pretty much anything but chocolate.
13. Cooking - There is just something about making something wonderful for others to enjoy that makes you smile on the inside.
14. Reading - You can grow so much as a person or simply escape from your own life when things get a little too rough.
15. Cheesecake - Truly the secret way to my heart.
16. Starbucks - If you really know anything about me, this is a no brainer.
17. Sweatpants - I would live in these if it would be socially accepted.
18. Dancing - There is no way to explain how pretty and free dancing can make me feel.
19. Flip flops - Do you really ever see me in anything else unless being forced to?
And last but certainly not least...
20. My future husband - He is going to be an amazing father to Kody, a man after God's own heart, and the love I have always dreamed of. I don't know when it will happen, but I already love you and pray for you daily.

So all in all, I may not have a valentine for yet another year, but it's not a bad thing. It just means I will have yet another thing to add to my list when it happens.

Happy Valentines everyone!

"Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant, does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered, does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails."

- I Corinthians 13:4-8

No comments:

Post a Comment