Beautiful Crazy Life of a Single Mom

Here's the day in-day out of my amazing life with my baby boy.

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Kody Markers

There are many things that change when you become a mother: you become a master as singing along with all toys (since no toys come without sound affects), you can wash bottles like a champ, you have bags under your eyes that become permanent, you learn what each sound your baby makes means, you learn to do everything with one hand since the other is always busy holding your baby, you learn to fall asleep instantly when given the chance. These things are all special and fun in their own ways, but the one thing that most women dislike about becoming a mom are the physical changes your body goes through... weight gain, hormone changes, hot flashes, grey hair. But the one that I have struggles with the most was my stretch marks.

I'm working on my weight (a slow and frustrating process, but I am blessed with a best friend who cheers me on. I am finally getting to the point of only crying when things have to do with Kody, not just because I see a sweet commercial on TV about puppies. I am getting used to the hot flashes, and thankfully, God blessed someone a long time ago with the brilliant idea of hair color to cover up my new grey hairs. But the one thing that haunted me were my stretch marks. I moisturize them, don't tan, am losing weight... anything I can do to lessen them. I have been embarrassed of them for almost a year now, until last night.

Last night, I was having my quiet time, and the Lord finally changed my heart about my stretch marks. He made me realize what they represent. They represent the perfect warm home that my stomach made for Kody. There is a mark for every time he sucked his thumb. A mark for every breath he took, every sleepy yawn, and every hicup. One for every time he turned in my belly and slept in the most perfect darkness. A mark for every time he would poke me as I sang to him. A mark for every time I dreamed of what he would turn out to be like. My stomach may not be the prettiest or most perfect stomach out there and will probably never be. Some may even call it ugly. But it held my precious baby boy until my arms could, and for that, I am so thankful.

So, yes, I have a million things to adjust to. But everything that comes from me being a mom to my perfect boy is so worth it. I no longer have stretch marks, I have Kody Markers.

1 comment:

  1. You just made a beautiful mark on my heart. Blessed beyond measure to have you in my life and watch you grow. Mom

    ReplyDelete